Kendra at CatholicAllYear.com nominated everyone who wanted to take part in the Liebster Award chain letter and I thought it would be fun:)
Here are my answers to Kendra`s questions:
1. Where do you live? And why do you live there?
I live in Estonia. I was born here and I love it. If you`d like to listen to some of my favorite Estonian music, you can do that here. From the music videos you can also see Estonian nature. Connection to land is very important to many people here. Frances Mayes writes in “Under the Tuscan Sun” that for southerners where you are is as important or even more important than who you are. The same applies to Estonians. I believe we are one of the few nations that have an endless supply of songs about the land. Most of the songs in the list linked are also about the land.
2. What are you currently watching and/or reading?
I started reading Gay Hendricks “The Big Leap” yesterday and a few days ago I started a book on raw food by Sille Poola. As usual, I`m in the middle of many books at once. Currently I`m not watching anything. I have periods of watching movies and then others completely without it. I rarely watch TV though I have watched it enough to last for several lifetimes in the past.
3. What kind of Catholic are you: cradle, or convert? (Or considering?)
I was babtized as a child and then grew up in a non-spiritual environment. I re-discovered it a bit less than year ago.
4. Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)
It was rather a culmination of things gathering for a long time with an increasing speed towards the end. I had been communicating with the Catholic part of my family for about 12-13 years, viewing their strange ways, meeting people and reading their books. I`m a hopeless bookworm and can`t keep myself away from other people`s bookcases when visiting so that had a part in it. I started noticing that most of the blogs I like to follow are from Christian bloggers (with a few exceptions) and I started gravitating towards the Catholic blogs. Also, it was a time of active discussions in society here on several subjects that are covered in the social teachings of Catholicism and I found that the teachings are in concord with my natural beliefs. While I had read books by Catholics before on different subjects, I had not actually read about specific teachings. So I read encyclicals and thought them to be mostly reasonable. My favorite is Humanae Vitae. I wrote a very long post in Estonian on how I decided to become Catholic. Google translate will not help you make much sense of it but most links in the text refer to English places so you can click through those. I decided some time in June and this post was written in August.
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
6 pairs. None of them with high heels.
6. Are you a good dancer?
7. Who usually drives, you or your husband?
I haven`t met my husband, yet. When I do, he will likely be doing the driving:) So far I have preferred using public transport.
8. What’s your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
I have two favorite holidays: Christmas and Mid-Summer Day. I celebrate both with family.
9. Which is correct? Left or right?
I prefer left.
10. Do you have any scars?
Yes. One on my forehead from a sandbox accident, one on my chin from falling and one on my knee from leaning on a piece of glass under snow while making a snowman. All three are small.
11. What’s the most famous thing you’ve ever done?
I have published articles in newspapers and an e-book and organized home education conferences and gatherings, all in Estonia.
I nominate keepers of beautiful blogs about home and family:
6. And everyone else who wants to participate:)
My questions to you:
1. What is your favorite book on anything related to homemaking?
2. What is your quickest and tastiest recipe?
3. What is the most important principle you have built your family life on?
4. Who has been your inspiration regarding creating a home and family?
5. Do you have a morning routine? If yes, what is it?
6. Do you come from a large or small family? Did you like it that way?
7. Is there a gadget you can`t imagine your life without? What is it?
8. Do you have a favorite craft?
9. What is your dream travel destination?
10. If you could, would you change something in your past?
11. What is the one thing you would most like to achieve in this life?
Pass it forward and link your response post here🙂